Employer Identification Number

PTAs may not use any individual’s social security number or the Employer Identification Number (EIN) of another organization. No other organization or entity may use the PTA’s EIN.

The EIN is listed in the bylaws as well as on the IRS Form 990. If no number can be found, check with the council and district PTA treasurer or parliamentarian. The district may call the State PTA office to obtain the number or ask for further assistance. California State PTA will contact the IRS to obtain the EIN for new units.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email